“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
The world is getting smaller in some ways as technology keeps developing but, on the flip side, the world is also getting more and more complicated. For example, who has the right worldview? The Christian, the Hindu, the Muslim, the JW, the Zionist, the atheist, the agnostic, and the options go on for a long time. In fact, there are so many options that no one can really put a finger on how many worldview systems there are currently in the world.
Therefore, I thought I would put down three reasons why I am convinced of Christianity as the only one and true worldview
- The Christian worldview makes the best sense of our current world, just looking at Genesis chapters one to three
- The intricacy of the world finds its creator in the Genesis 1
- The uniqueness of humanity finds its cornerstone in the Image of God, Genesis 2
- The evil and cruel world around us but the ability to still do good finds its source in Genesis 3
- The historical data of Jesus
- There is more historical data that Jesus existed and lived as the Bible explains he does then the life and times of many unquestioned historical figures, one includes the great Julius Caesar himself
- There are more manuscripts of the Old and New Testament in our current historical archives than any other document ever written
- The way that people over the years since Jesus have suffered and died for their faith in Christ and choice to subscribe to the Christian worldview, for if Christianity was a lie or a hallucination, death and suffering has the ability to clear minds of illusions. Yet death and suffering have never been able to put out the Christian faith
- The claims of Jesus – “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
- CS Lewis writes regarding the claims of Jesus that he can only be three things, Jesus has to be a liar, a lunatic, or the Lord as he claims he is.
“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”
Prayer: Our Father who is seated on the throne of the universe, may your name be worshipped throughout the world, may all people come to know you as their personal Lord and Saviour through us the church.
Young Adults Pastor
Summerstrand United Church
69 Erasmus Drive, Port Elizabeth
041 583 2930 or 082 689 7696