The Kleinskool Community Outreach is the churches’ mission operating in Kleinskool, a community situated halfway between Port Elizabeth and Uitenhage.
We support Ruth (Stompie) and Sarah who serves meals to approximately 200 children between the ages of 2 to 16 four times a week. Any excess meals are served to the parents of the children.
Our involvement includes the following activities:
- Bible study and ministry to the women of Kleinskool, weekly on Tuesdays between 11:00 and 12:00. Venue: Kleinskool Outreach Centre.
- Bible study and ministry to the men of Kleinskool, weekly on Thursdays between 11:00 and 13:00.
- Children’s soup kitchen and devotions: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays – 14:00 0 16:00.
- Basic reading and arithmetic skills taught to Grade 1 – Grade 3 learners on a Saturday morning starting at 09:00. Presented by Stompie and Sarah during school terms.
- Christmas luncheon for the elderly and Christmas party for the children.
All activities are held at our mission station in Kleinskool – Kleinskool Outreach Centre.
The Outreach is housed in two 12 metre steel containers under a 12×16 metre iron roof. One contains the kitchen and the other is currently being converted into a library and classroom. The second container will house a library and education material to support the local school children in their studies. The classroom will also be utilised in life skill training for the community. The space between the containers has been enclosed by two walls with doors and windows creating an enclosed area of 12×10 metres. One 6 metre container, donated by PE Rotary, is currently being used as a storage facility.
Future plans are to obtain a 6m container to convert into ablution facilities.
The property was bought and will be transferred to the Church soon. Water, electricity and sewer services will be connected (at a price) to site after registration.
“Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.” Phil. 4:13 (MSG)
If you want to contact us or get involved, please contact:
Marieke van der Merwe -082 676 1249
Trevor Saunders – 074 156 0323
Frank Greyling – 082 458 8910
Pieter Viljoen – 083 286 3880
Any donations can be channeled through Summerstrand United Church bank account, reference Kleinskool Outreach. The registered NPO number, 071-590-NPO, may be used for tax deductions.
Kleinskool Outreach Team